Partners in Education
The Montessori School of South Riding is a wonderful place for children and their families. We strive to be a community of parents, teachers and students working in partnership to fulfill our school's mission. Parent involvement is an intefral part of the school community. In addition to to the immediate benefits of shared commujnications and direct support to the functioning of the school, your interest in the school shows your child the MSSR hods an important place in your lives and that you value the experience.
Our families come together frequently throughour the year for celebration, planning and education. These gatherings are made possible through the collaboration of parent volunteers and school staff.
The Montessori School of South Riding has an active Parents Organization. The purpose of this association is to provide a support group to staff and administration. The organization is a vehicle through which parents have the opportunity to become an active part of the school community. There are many ways to participate.
All parents who have children currently enrolled in MSSR ar automatically members of the Parent Organization.
1. To provide a means through which parents can work together with staff and students for the benefit of all children.
2. To provide a means through which parents can meet and get to know each other better.
3. To raise money through fundraising activities that will be used to enhance the chool environment to the benefit of all children.
Giving and Getting Involved
Since its founding in 2003, The Montessori School of South Riding has always tried to keep tuition affordable and simultaneously maintain the high standard of excellence of our programs. Like most independent schools, we have found this to be an ongoing challenge. Annual fundraising events help to bridge the gap that exists between tuition revenue and operating expenses. Our longevity and strength has been made possible by the generous donations of time, talent and funding from those who came before. Each year we ask our extended community to support our fundraising prorams that provide for today's students and help ensure a string future for new generations. Annual fundraising is a significant form of parent involvment; it represents a family's meaningful support of this school and the work that we do.
These are ways in which fundraising revenues make a difference:
*Keep tuition moderate which supports diversity in our community
*Tuition assistance to families with financial need
*Maintain beautiful and well equiped classrooms
*Provide conituing education and staff development opportunities for our staff
*Contribute to the cost of field trips and classroom enrichment
*Contribute to the physical enhancements of our environment-inside and out
How You Can Help
*Casino Night is our biggest Fundraiser held every May. Sign up to chair committees, ask friends and neighbors to attend, tell PTA members you are willing to help
* Purchase programs that return to our school a percentage of the purchases that you would make anyway. These include
1. Giant Food. Just designate MSSR as the recipient of your bonus bucks. You can do this at any Giant Food Store or at their web site. www.giantfood.com, Our school ID is 09045
2. Harris Teeter school number #8539